Shocking! Woman Warns About Dangerous ‘Ordinary’ Habit That Caused A Hole In Her Face



Jade Thrasher, a nurse and is married to Matthew. Still, she was addicted to a habit that almost cost her life. Her father, Charles, was the first to notice a weird sore forming on her nose that turned this young woman’s life upside down.


As the Daily Mail reports, Jade wanted to be tanned and felt pressured to achieve that. After all, she was just one of the many who wanted to be bronzed. In Nashville, the place she live in, being pale was seen as unattractive.

In 2014, Jade began to grow concerned over the clear spot her father had noticed on her nose. Things were getting worse and the sore started bursting and refused to heal At that point, she knew she needed to get a biopsy done to ensure it wasn’t skin cancer – unfortunately, that’s exactly what it was.


She was then transferred to the Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville to consult some experts. On the day of her surgery, the doctors had to cut out a dime-sized hole out of her right nostril in her nose. Here is where her tanning habit brought her. The skin was then replaced with flesh taken off her chest, where a six inch long scar remained.


Jade is sharing her story in hope that others learn the potential problems associated with self-tanning. Beware, this habit is not good for the skin.


“I want teenagers to see the photo of the hole in my nose so that they know what could happen,” Jade stated. “I used to have a sunbed in my house, but I’ve thrown it in the trash. I didn’t want to sell it, because I didn’t want anybody else to go through what I went through. I definitely regret the years of tanning, but in a way I saved my skin at a young age because I got cancer. 


0 comments

Post a Comment